What is Blastocystis?
Blastocystis is a single-celled parasite which is commonly found in people who have diarrhoea or other intestinal symptoms. There is a great deal of debate about whether Blastocystis causes illness or not. Often there is another cause of the symptoms which has not yet been found.Blastocystis is found throughout the world, especially in developing countries, and occurs in humans and many other types of animals. It is not known how the infection is transmitted, but it may be through contaminated food and water.
Questions and answers on "Blastocystis"
Health resources related to Blastocystis
- Blastocystis hominis in pregnancy
- Blastocystis hominis cause rapid heart beat
- Can my abdominal cramps be due to blastocystis hominis infection?
- Blastocystis hominis same as staph hominis
- Blastocystis hominis hypothyroidism
- Caffeine and blastocystis hominis
- Can blastocystis hominis cause nipple itching
- Does anal itching signify blastocystis hominis infection?
- Blastocystis menopause
- Blastocystis hominis priapism