Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, occasional bleeding, abnormal WBC, cannot have sex, had C-section. What is it?

I have a serious issue that s has been going on for 2 years now..I had a cesection in 2010 and ever since then I havse not been right...I have had multiple check ups from my ob/gyn and my gastro ...I have been havin continous abdomen pain..I have off and on bleeding but yet my doctor says he doesn t know why I have had blood work done and my white blood cell count came back abnormal twice but yet the doctor doesn t know why..I have been sick lately can not have intercourse can not work out without passing out and at times I can barely move...I don t know what is going on with me but I feel like its.getting worse everyday I feel like I should be on the mysterydiagnosis show since nobody seems to understand what is going on better yet figure out
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms are very characteristic for endometriosis. This condition is caused by appearance uterus cells (so called endometrium) outside the uterus, in your case in abdominal cavity. Such disease can be caused by C-section during which cells from inside the uterus are taken to the abdominal cavity. It gives pelvic pain, pain during intercourse, irregular bleedings and many others. This symptoms very often are getting worse during bleeding time. Endometriosis can also cause adhesions in abdominal cavity what leads to bloats, constipations and many others symptoms of partial intestines obstruction.
Diagnostics of endometriosis is quite hard as ultrasound and CT scans can show nothing. The only method that usually visualizes this condition is laparoscopy - some kind of minimal invasive surgery during which the camera is put inside the abdominal cavity.
So if you have abdominal ultrasound and abdominal CT performed, the time has come for laparoscopy.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor