Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

95 yrs old, hip fracture, with low RBC, HCT, MPV, Na levels. Nursing diagnosis?

what is the nursing diagnosis for a hip fracture , age 95 patient lab results RBC 3.50(L) HGB 11.2(L)HCT 32.5(L) MCH 31.40(H)PLT 505(H) BUN21(H) MPV-lymphocytes11.5(L)NA135(L)
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  223
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by your question, Nursing diagnosis?

The blood results show that your patient has a microcytic anaemia which is most commonly caused by an Iron Deficiency.

This can be due to lack of dietry intake or some chronic bleeding - the most common place being the digestive tract.

A hip fracture in an elderly patient has a significant morbidity and mortality associated with it and most patients loose some degree of independant living or function after such an injury.

I hope this addresses your concerns

Best wishes
Answered: Thu, 1 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor