Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

170 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

52 years old man suffering from right bundle branch block with heart burn. Had also one bypass and one valve replacement

Hello doc, My dad is 52 yrs old,around a week ago he complained of a burning sensation in the chest followed by weakness and when the BP was chesked it was way too low.When he got an Ecg done,docs told us he has had an attack and needs to be shiufted to ICU.Following which he was performed an angiogram ,That revealed 4 blocks,3 of which were 100% blocks and 1 was 90% block.Now he has undergone a bypass.My dad gets done ECG tests almost evry months and was detected RBBB which the docs ignored. I done understand how he might have developed such huge blocks in so less a time.Moreover he has never shown any symptoms like breathlessness , dizziness etc.He has a family history of 1 bypass and 1 valve replacement .He also smokes.Kindly explain.Alsso can you enumerate on where the blocks ould have been?
Thu, 28 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
A single heart attack can be responsible for multiple blocks as he has suffered.It is more commonly due to raised cholesterol levels causing thickening of the arteries of the heart so that even a small clot can lead to arterial blockage. Any symptoms are not necessary as sometimes the attacks are silent.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....