Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

4 year old kid have some allergy. Should I take him to paeditrician or try syrup ?

Hi Drs, My 4 year old son is always scratching his body since he was 2 years old, Lat week I decided to take him to the GP (not paeditrician) and he presribed him allergex syrup to take for three months.I was hoping he would done some blood tests to check the course for his scratching, should I take him to the paeditrician or try the syrup? Kind regards Priscilla Khumalo
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jul 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  201
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I will try my best to answer your query.

There are number of causes which may be responsible for itching like insect bite, scabies, poison ivy etc . Symptomatic treatment will not be helpful, one should try to find out the cause and treat it.
I advice you to see child specialist or allergy specialist.

Hope my answer will be helpful for you.

Take care.
Answered: Tue, 29 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
read your prob, science two yrs he has been suffering from this prob , so you should consult with peadiatrician n rule out the cause of it, then start proper treatment. as may be this is due to some allergy or due to some other region.
Dr aseem
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
There could be many reasons for scratching. Does he have jaundice, thyroid problems, any skin rash. Sometimes after eating something he is allergic to can make him scratch as well. Children with atopic dermatitis are known to have dry skin which gets itchy when they ingest allergen food like eggs, milk, nuts. Let him avoid sun exposure. He needs to eat fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in diet. Drink enough water. You can give the syrup which will definitely reduce the itching. Best will be if you can get him a thorough checkup by Dermatologist to rule out certain disorders which can cause this problem.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Faraz Ahmed's  Response
thanks for query
i cant understand what u have write
check out your mistake
cure for allergy:There are many natural remedies for allergies available. Although natural remedies are easily available without prescription, it is better to consult a doctor before to take up any medicine as a remedy for allergies.

When a person is taking natural remedies or any other medicines for allergies, it is better to concentrate on the environment in which they live. Avoid moist environments. Moist environments aid the growth of molds that are one of the causes of allergies. Cleanliness of the beds and the carpet plays an important role in treating allergies. Food restrictions also help in treating the allergies well. Certain types of foods should be avoided and certain foods can be taken. A proper nutritional supplement to aid the treatment is also recommended.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor