Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

4 year old having a painful bruise with a lump after an injury. Need medical attention?

my four year old fell yesterday and her scooter landed on her leg. last night she had a huge bruise and a lump. today the bruise looks worse (purple and red) and the lump is still there. she can walk/run fine and it only seems to bother her if touched. should i worry for any reason. i am not sure if i am worried just because it looks so bad. it is on her shin
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Dawndarcy, hello
Your daughter seems to have soft tissue injury resulting in inflammation in that area. Inflammation results in some steps to heal the wound.Shin has thin skin so pain appears more. So, you should not worry and just take care of the cleaniness of the wound and apply some antiseptic cream over the bruise.
Since her age is 4 years I hope that she is fully vaccinated for tetanus.
I hope this is of help to you.
Answered: Wed, 26 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor