Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

3 year ago my own aorta valve was replacedby a mechanical one due to (aorta stenosis). Can i get pain?

3 year ago my own aorta valve was replacedby a mechanical one due to (aorta stenosis) Now it has happened all over again. So both my Dr and surgeon say that if I get pains in the chest or get breathless Im to go straight to hospital. But I want to know why bother, as they will stabilize me and send me home for it to happen all over again, till they are ready to do something about it. So whats the point I may as well not bother, since Im already struggling just to get around, and have been ever since the first operation. I seem to be deteioating fast but nothing I can do about it. I am almost 58. and there is nothing I can do to stop the stenosis, so why bother?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  223
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Depression is very common among heart patients. You may feel like giving up, but 58 is young -- even if you feel like you have a lot of "mileage". Talk to your doctor about your feelings and see if he thinks an antidepressant might be helpful. If you feel like your doctor will only stabilize and send you home, it may be time for a new doctor. Check out this site Good luck, and I hope you fight this -- just to spite the doctor, if for no other reason! Feel free to email me if I can be of further assistance. : )
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor