26 years old female had HSG test shows fallopian tubes status was not detected and need a surgery. Is this surgery safe ?

Dear Doctors, My wife is 26 years old , she had HSG test, during the test it was informed that her fallopian tubes status was not detected (open/close), and was further informed that my wife need a surgery to test the status of the tubes, is this surgery safe one can someone pls advice me on this. On the other hand my wife has missed regular periods since past 3 months and why the gyno of my wife is doing HSG instead of solving the periods problem. Thanks in advance!
Sat, 14 May 2011