Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

26 years old female had HSG test shows fallopian tubes status was not detected and need a surgery. Is this surgery safe ?

Dear Doctors, My wife is 26 years old , she had HSG test, during the test it was informed that her fallopian tubes status was not detected (open/close), and was further informed that my wife need a surgery to test the status of the tubes, is this surgery safe one can someone pls advice me on this. On the other hand my wife has missed regular periods since past 3 months and why the gyno of my wife is doing HSG instead of solving the periods problem. Thanks in advance!
Asked On : Sat, 14 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Your gyno is trying to make your wife pregnant and wants to see if she can get pregnant or not. If HSG is non conclusive then laproscopically it is seen that her tubes are patent or not. further treatment for conceiving is done accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Sat, 14 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Dr Rakhi,

My appreciations for the quick reply!

I have the further 2 queries.

1. What are the pros and cons of the sugery regarding fallopian tubes.
2. How to get back the normal periods.

Thanks in Advance!
Answered: Sat, 14 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor