Does a mass on the fallopian tube and ovaries require surgery?
Thanks for your query.
You have not mentioned her age. Anyway, this is a large mass, appears pretty well defined on the images. If you can share the copy of the report then it would help. Were tumor markers like CA 125, beta HCG, AFP, etc done?
However, considering the size, I think surgery should be undertaken. It will give the final diagnosis also.
Hope this helps. I will be available for further follow up.
I would go for surgery
But obviously after checking the full MRI report and blood tumor markers. You can share the CT report with us also. That also should help.
You can approach the emergency but if there is no acute complaint, they can't do much. You can certainly take second opinion from another gynecologist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Laparoscopic surgery for fallopian tubes
- Fallopian tube cyst surgery
- Complications of fallopian tubes ovaries
- Ovary and fallopian tube removal
- Fallopian tube removal surgery
- Ruptured fallopian tube surgery
- Bleeding after fallopian tube surgery
- Blocked fallopian tube surgery
- How to open fallopian tubes without any surgery
- What prescription for blocked fallopian tubes without surgery