Is beta hCG level of 19815 mlU/ml indicative of pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello,
We are planning for a baby. My wife today morning did a beta hcg test and got the results now. Its 19815 mlU/ml. Her periods were due on 3rd. December. Did a pregnancy test (home kit) at home today morning and it was positive. Pls let me know if the above hcg figure is good enough to confirm pregnancy.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She is pregnant for sure. USG for viability is advisable.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,I have understood your concern and and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

As you have double confirmed for beta HCG, she is pregnant for sure.

Usually, if she has regular periods, then missed period and positive urine pregnancy test indicates the presence of pregnancy.

Secondly, blood beta HCG test levels above 25 indicate pregnancy status. Her blood beta HCG levels are are good enough to suggest 6 weeks pregnancy.

I will suggest you to get USG done to know about the viability and gestational age of the pregnancy.

Please be in touch with your treating gynecologist.
Let her opt a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen.
Start on Folic acid and vitamin B 12 supplements.
Meditate enough.
Think positive.
Things will be fine in the due course of time.

Please feel free to communicate with me again.
I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 16 minutes later
Thanks a lot doctor. Shall get in touch with the gynaec..
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Thanks. God bless you all.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

l will suggest you to fully trust in your treating doctor and have regular follow up with the doctor.

May God bless you with a bundle of XXXXXXX
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar