Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

26 year old having trouble in breathing. Smoking addiction. What to do?

Hi, I am having trouble breathing for past 5 days or so. I smoke and have continued to smoke while I m having trouble breathing, but definintely cutting it out. I have been smoking for about 7 years, average of 7 smokes per day currently I m smoking about 6/day-I am 26 years old. What should I do? What do you think could be wrong? Please help.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

You have been smoking for seven long years. Your current breathing difficulty can be due to a lung infection, if you also have fever and cough. If there is no fever and cough, then it may be due to the gradual change that occurs in airways due to constant exposure to smoke. There is no need to worry. Consult a doctor who will advise you regarding the medications you should take. Meanwhile consider quitting smoking. If you quit now, much of the damage that has occurred, can be reversed.

Best wishes.
Answered: Wed, 17 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor