Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

12 year old having no hair growth on the body, no voice change. Is this normal?

My son is 12 1/2 years old and is 4 9 1/2 tall. I am 5 2 1/2 and my husband 5 10 . He is in the 25th percentile for height and weight. He is only just beginning puberty . Still no hair under his arms or anywhere else for that matter and his voice is still that of a young boy. Is there anyway to gauge how tall he will be?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for query
It is about time your son hits puberty. He should experience growth spurt and other changes soon. If he does not then you should see an endocrinologist or pediatrician soon. they will get a hormonal analysi and other blood tests done. It is extremely unlikely that anyone can predict your son's height. I hope you keep patient for a while. May be 6 months or a year or so. Hopefully everything will turn out just fine. Else consult a doctor.
Hope that helps. God bless you
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Relax,do not worry
Every child is different.puberty sets in between the age of 9 years to 14 years,
Growth spurt occurs in later part of puberty,
Give your son good nutritious diet rich in proteins. avoid all kinds of fried food and junk food,

Wishing your son good health
God bless,
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor