bilateral otitis media , amoxicillin which I took. Ears better.
Detailed answer below
It is important to measure the temperature to make sure if you are having fever or you are just feeling hot. If you measure your temperature under your arm, make sure you are not sweated and if the thermometer shows 37.8 and above then very likely you are having fever. Fever can last for a few days but less then 4-5 days so if you measure the temperature and it is feverish less then 4 days generally it is normal, it may happen due to viral infection.
Sometimes a person can get a couple of viral infections in a short time and develop similar symptoms that might seem to repeat after a period or being without fever.
The fact that the ears are better this is good, it shows that the infection that was there is cleared.
- please make sure if you have fever or you just feel hot (measure the temperature). If you have fever for less then 4 days then there is nothing to worry most of the times as a viral infection can be the cause and is self limiting. Just taking plenty of fluids, resting, taking paracetamol and ibuprofen is sufficient.
- if you have fever for longer then 4 days then you will need to see your doctor to examine you again and rule out bacterial infections as the cause of it, mostly throat and lung infections or other conditions.
- tiredness, loss of appetite can last after a viral infection but due to its association with depression you might benefit from having a TSH and FT4 test to rule out problem with the thyroid gland function. A CBC and ERS would be a good idea as well to rule out anemia and infection as the cause of the tiredness and loss of appetite.
- fever and loss of appetite especially associated with weight loss and sweating can be a sign of more rare conditions like tuberculosis or tumors and if you have these you will need to have a check to rule them out as well (very rarely the case).
I hope I have answered to your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Antoneta Zotaj, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?