Would a sonographer know if my lmp had been implantation?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: Would a sonographer know if my lmp had been implantation. And if so would they have changed my due date. Ultrasound is dating back to lmp.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 30 minutes later
hello XXXXXXX
Implantation occurs 7-9 days after ovulation and at that time i.e on D21-D23 of cycle,the predominant morphologic feature is edema of the endometrial stroma.It can be seen/evaluated on USG/TVS (Trans Vaginal Sonography) scan.So in this state, sonographer may know whether implantation occurs or not in the last cycle by complete follow through the sonography/report.
Your due date will be as usual and not changed if implantation does not take place.
For evaluation of implantation,it is needed to do USG/TVS scan back to LMP as on D21-D23 of cycle. Consult with your sonologist.
TVS scan gives 2 wk earlier details about Feto Placental Profile (FPP) than USG scan if you have conceived.Gestational sac is viewed on 4wks with TVS scan.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish your better health.