question-icon

Why is susten SR prescribed for irregular period?

Posted on Wed, 26 Mar 2014
Question: Hi Doctor, I have irregular period. Doctor advised me to take susten SR 300 for 5 nights. What is the use whether it helps to get pregnant or to get monthly period.
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas (11 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Its responsible for getting periods on time. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Susten is progesterone tablet. Its responsible for getting periods on time. Susten can also be used vaginally in case you need it for providing additional progesterone to help sustain pregnancy after IUI or IVF cycles but it is does not help you to get pregnant. I hope i cleared your doubt.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN