When during pregnancy does the HCG levels start dropping?
I've asked you some questions before. I am currently 10 weeks 1 day with my singleton. Up until now I have gotten HCG tests a couple of times a week. 6 days ago, during my 9th week my results for HCG were 220,000. However today at 10 weeks 1 day I had another HCG test and it was 205,000. I have read at some point that the HCG levels and drops but is it too early to see a drop like this? Or is everything normal about it dropping at this stage? Is it unreliable to use HCG at this stage as an indicator? Scans of the baby have been good so far.
hCG values are unreliable at this stage
Good to see you back. I am happy to see your pregnancy is running successful.
As we discussed earlier, serum beta hCG blood test are not a reliable parameter of progress in pregnancy after 6 weeks especially when everything is normal.
I see no point in continuing doing serum beta hCG blood values at this stage of pregnancy. They need not drop. They are going to increase but not doubling as accurately.
Ultrasound scan is best way to follow up with pregnancy. Don't do anymore serum beta hCG blood tests. They are of no value. Continue with ultrasound scan.
Let me know if you need any more help.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
I woke up this morning with low down, abdominal pains that feel sort of sharp, in the middle of abdomen and a little sometimes on either side. They are NOT like period pain, but they almost feel like having pulled a muscle, but I haven't done anything physical to cause that to happen apart from stretching and arching back a little before I get out of bed. There was no pain yesterday so I'm a bit puzzled as to why this is suddenly today when I get out of bed. I rested most of the day but the pains are still there - when I stand I can feel this tugging, pulling pain, sometimes a bit sharp.
I'm only just 10 weeks 2 days so I am feeling it is a bit early for something like round ligament pain.
Can you tell me what this might mean?
I have absolutely none of the symptoms of gastritis.????
Gastritis / UTI
The gastritis pain leads to referred pain which radiates down to lower part of stomach during this time of pregnancy. Hence it is possible that this is gastritis. Please see if the pain is relieved by an antacid pill.
If you dont think this is gastritis ( as you know your body better) , the only other possibility at this stage of pregnancy is Urinary tract infection (UTI). Please get urine routine test done to confirm urinary tract infection. You can take medicines for the same if confirmed.
Let me know if you need more help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Beta hcg level during pregnancy
- What causes increase in hcg levels during pregnancy
- Is susten 200 increse hcg level during pregnancy
- Hcg progesterone levels during pregnancy
- Normal hcg levels during pregnancy
- High hcg levels during pregnancy
- What is the cause of falling hcg level during pregnancy
- Declining hcg levels during pregnancy
- Reason for low hcg blood level during pregnancy
- Hcg levels during pregnancy
- Have l 5 injuries. Had three IVF pregnancies, failed. Is i 5 injury the...
- How fertyl m works for men having very low sperm count?
- Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?
- Pregnant. Had tender breasts and felt queasy. But, symptoms stopped and...
- Took enema with enema kit. Some amount left. Is there any reason for...
- Period delayed. How to take mtpill and mitoprost?
- Can I ask to be sedated so that I can relax and get through the exam...
- Pain in throat, jumping eye lid, pain in chest, stabbing pain in...
- Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What...
- On adderall. Can it result in nagging dull pain below rib cage?