Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

What to do if having periods again after long gap and been on hormone replacement?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I am 59 years old & thought I was past menopause...I have not had a period for approx 5+ years, I have been on Hormone replacement for 7 years...this past week I started my period again...spotting for 5 days, now an actual flow..should I wait another few days to see if it stops on its own??
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: get examined Detailed Answer: Hi, Please visit a gynecologist for getting examined and ultrasound go detect source of bleeding. A biopsy might be required to rule out malignancy. Please see gynecologist soon. Let me know if any more doubts. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor