Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

What should be done if pelvic bone and the whole leg pains and which doctor should be consulted?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6168 Questions
I have been online before. I am not sure whats happening to my leg..i have lower lumber vertebra that will hopefully not require surgery. I webt to dentist and was asleep for one hour for tooth extraction. Had no trouble,,until a week later, my pelvic bone is hurting ..down the front of my thigh. To the knee--which is as replacement knee-- down my shin..when walking or sitting my leg hurts and knee buckles on if its weak. I don't know if this is what the orthopedic surgeon meant by telling me to come back if i have any paralysis..or if i need to see a different kind of dr...its hard to fix a meal, and defintely cant climb steps....only time i don't hurt is if asleep.....what should i do?? What kind of dr should i see?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: See a neuro-surgeon Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you are experiencing. From the symptoms you have reported, it seems you are having a nerve root compression syndrome. This often originate from the back where for some reasons the nerves are being compressed. This results in neurological symptoms that follow the nerve pathway right down to the legs. This is my greatest suspicion. Because you have had a knee replacement and you have a surgeon who has been taking care of you, I will suggest that you contact him for preliminary examination and investigation. Though the suspicion is high for a neurosurgeon to be of prime importance, starting here would be a great idea. I hope this helps and addresses your query fully. THank you for using our services and feel free to ask for more help and clarifications if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor