How can a chronic fatty tumor in the leg be treated?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Have a fatty leg tumor which my knee surgeon said that he could address when he replaces the knee. I have had the tumor a long time-probably 20 yrs,but lately it appears larger. Should I see someone else before the knee surgery or let him tend to the tumor when the knee is done?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
most likely lipoma , can be taken care when knee replacement .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear , hi

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* This much long standing tumor seems probably benign ( non cancer ) and
almost lipoma as it is fatty .

* Can surely get surgery when knee replacement is done .

* Only in following conditions , you should see someone else as General Surgeon
if
@ much pain
@ much uncomfortable
@ very large size
@ difficulty in movements due to lump
@ much worried or concerned

Hope this clears your query .

Welcome for any further assistance .
Wishing you fine health ahead .

Regards dear take care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj