Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What should be done for lump under the chin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
Hello, This evening inoticed my 3 yr old had a little pea size lump under her chin. She doesnt seem bothered by it but it worries me. What should i do?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Asymptomatic lymphadenopathy is commonly seen in young children. In case it is not associated with pain/fever /or increase in size nothing to worry. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What should be done for lump under the chin? 4 hours later
Thank you, How long will it be there and when should i see our Dr?
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. These sometines regress of its own and sometimes persist for few years. You need to consult doctor in case. -it increases in size. -is associated with fever. -it is painful. Hope this helps. Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor