What needs to be done on intake of liquid soap?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Hi my 2 and a half year old drank 1of the small bubble blowing salution is she going to be alright what should i do
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry and nothing to do

Detailed Answer:
Hi... I understand your concern.

The usual contents of the bubble solution are - Liquid soap, Distilled water and Glycerin. These are not dangerous ingredients. At the most the kid might vomit once or twice (which is good) and she might have 1 or 2 episodes of diarrhea.

Right now you can wait. I will suggest you when to take her to an emergency room (red flag signs) -
1. Low urine output
2. being very dull
3. Excessively sleepy
4. Blood in motion
5. Green or bilious vomiting

If these are not there - you need not worry.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,