Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for clogged ear due to sinus?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I have sinus pressure and my ears are plugged up. I have no fever or pain. How do I unplug my ears?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that in my opinion Clogged or plugged ears happens when there is blockage in the Eustachian tube , in your case it seems to be due to sinusitis as you mention you are having sinus pressure . Steam Inhalation is highly recommended . Yawning helps open the Eustachian tube , Suck on Chewing Gum it may also lead to open up the blockage . Valsalva manoeuvre is the most helpful technique .Close your mouth and also your nose while exhaling strongly. it will open the eustachian tube and the pressure inside and outside the ear is equalized. I will advise you to see an ENT surgeon also so that your sinusitis can be treated with decongestants and antibiotics otherwise blockage in ear will result again and again as the root cause needs to be treated . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for clogged ear due to sinus? 11 hours later
Would using ice packs on the face help to reduce sinus swelling? I've tried heat and it didn't help at all.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Using ice packs is not going to help you , First you take a decongestant then when your nose and sinus open up take steam so that will circulate the hot air in sinuses and clear them up . With such problem I think you will require a course of antibiotics . Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor