What is the recovery time after laparoscopic surgery?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 2 Apr 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I was giving a weight restriction of 15 pounds after having my right fallopian tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy. I contacted the doctor and haven't heard back yet, but the instructions didn't specify how long to follow that weight restriction. It's been 2 weeks and I feel ready to resume normal activity which involves lifting my 30 & 40 pound children. My question is what is a typical length of recovery time for this sort of laparoscopic surgery?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please wait for another 2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Generally, normal activity can be resumed 2 weeks after a laparoscopic surgery.
However, 30 to 40 pounds is more than what normal activity involves.
So please wait for another 2 weeks before doing this.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.