What is the reason for weakness and forgetting small stuff?

Psychiatrist
Question
hello doctor..
i am here to ask something abt my girlfriend..
she is facing some problem from 2 or 3 days..
she dosnt remember small small things and she says she is forgetting things..
and sometimes she says what i am going to say.. her head is paining when she says something like this and her body is getting week..
she is going to sleep most often like she was not able to sleep before but now she is like feeling sleepy..

one incident happened now....
we generally talk on Skype or whatsapp late night but today we were talking on phone..
she said something which i dint even told him.. but that was very normal which i felt..
but then my call got disconnected and immediately i called her i guess it was like 1 or 2mins XXXXXXX to XXXXXXX .
she said i went to toilet when the call got disconnected. and when i came again who picked the phone it was already on..
that means she picked up the phone and she forgotten something like this i really XXXXXXX what is wrong with her..

we both love each other a lot.. pls temme something what is this problem..
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discuss problem with her & then go to Doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Dr. Chintan solanki here.
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
I have just read your problem regarding your gf.
You mentioned that it is since only 2-3 days and she feels sleepy and weak.
I guess some possibilities.
She might have some stress which she can not reveal to anyone and so due to this anxiety she is not able to concentrate and forgetting things. Here problem is not able to register in the brain something due to lack of concentration so she doesn't remeber. Not forgetting something.
Second possibilty is she might have some infection and due to which she is feeling weak ad sleepy and not able to concentrate as I described above.
Sorry to say but third possibilty is she may be doing motively , reason behind it she knows. Please do not misunderstand me I am giving opinion from my experince from suh cases. I know you love her a lot.
For all possibilities you need to discuss with her in detail about her problem. If any stress, tension or any physical symptoms like fever,bodyache.
Just try to discuss sympathetically and you will get the clue.
If stress is too much , consult psychiatrist to prevent depression.
If fever or something, consult physician and take treatment.
If you do not find first two , wait for 3-4 days and observe her behavior and then think for third possibility.
I hope I have answered your query.For any further information , you are again welcome.

Follow-up: What is the reason for weakness and forgetting small stuff? 4 hours later
i dint understand what this line means..

"Sorry to say but third possibilty is she may be doing motively , reason behind it she knows. Please do not misunderstand me I am giving opinion from my experince from suh cases. I know you love her a lot."

can u explain in simple language pls.. the word motively means ??

she is not having fear or anything..
i have been her been like 14 months now.. i feel she is talking normally but she says she is facing huge problem from 3 days.. so she is too tensed to talk to me also..

i have googled last night.. i found there is a problem called as "dementia"

some of the symptoms match with her but it looks this are very normal for a normal person also. or i must be thinking and analysing her each word after listening this from her..

pls temme the meaning of that line.. i won't mind anything just say whatever u feel..
thanks..

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
means she is doing herself. No dementia.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for asking follow up question.
I meant that she is doing this type of behavior herself and to only to you, not to others.If her behavior is like that you mentioned earlier for whole day, she should have lots of trouble in her daily routine and occupational work. As she is young I am thinking over this possibility

And for dementia it is not likely. At this age dementia not feasible.

Rare chances are there that she has some neurological problem and to rule out that doctor's consultaion needed.

And yes you mentioned that she is in some tension since 3 days which she was not able to tell you. So first possibility is likely there. Discuss in detail with her and then decide what to do.

Thanks & Regards.