What Is The Purpose Of Dermarollers Treatment?
1. Why is it for?
2. Treatment procedure
3. Treatment cost
4. Treatment Effectiveness.
5, After how many days of treatment, results are seen.
6. Will the result from this treatment is permanent.
Please respond to the queries inline for better understanding
Information about dermarollers
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have taken note of your query and I have noted down your concern
1. Dermaroller Or Microneedling is a procedure which involves induction of synthesis of new collagen in the dermal layer of skin and this in turn would help correct Or improve surface irregularities like acne scars, stretch marks etc. These surface irregularities are due to localized atrophy i.e loss of dermal collagen Or dermal scaring pulling down the epidermis.
2. The instrument is basically a cylinder with needles fixed on it, all around its circumference.
This instrument is rolled on to intended area, with some pressure, in different directions (i.e vertical, horizontal and tangential) and would therefore cause multiple punctures on the treated area of skin.
These skin punctures seal themselves within 2 hours. There is some redness of treated skin for 36-48 hours.
Different needle lengths can be selected. Needle length would determine the level of injury i.e depth of penetration. A 2 mm needle would penetrated deeper to the level of dermis than a 0.5 mm needle.
This controlled injury is then followed by wound healing and stimulation is synthesis of new collagen as part of wound healing process and resulting improvement in surface irregularities.
Would healing and remodeling process continues for weeks or months after the procedure, therefore surface irregularities may continue to improve gradually weeks or months after the procedure was done.
The procedure can be repeated after 6-8 weeks and multiple sittings can be done.
3. Treatment cost would vary from doctor to doctor and you need to inquire from a doctor in your vicinity. Roughly 2k to 3k per session. Instrument cost is around 1.5 k and the same instrument can be used for multiple sessions.
4. Can improve surface irregularities by 30% to 50% or even higher in some patients. Results vary from patients to patients. In general greater the needle length better the result. Longer needle would be able to reach up to the level of dermis and induce new collagen synthesis in dermis e.g 0.5 mm needle size would not be as effective as a 1.5 mm Or 2.0 mm needle size for acne scars.
5. As I said, wound healing continues over weeks or months therefore the improvement happens gradually over a period of months and multiple sittings may be taken.
6. Results are permanent. New collagen synthesized stays for ever.
I have few small queries :
1. If we puncture the skin, will it not produce black mark after few hours/few days of the treatment.
2. Can i do my normal activities as soon as this session ends, or i need to take some care(If yes, what & how long i have to be idle).
3. Can we do it self, if yes what all precautions i need to take/aware of.
4. Can we even use this treatment on Scalpe for growth of new hairs and treatment for hair loss.
5. Will this treatment prooved efficient even with static wrinkles
Please respond to the queries inline for better understanding.
Specific queries regarding dermaroller
1. Punctures are not even noticeable.
They seal themselves within a few hours and there is no black mark although the treated skin would be red for a day or two.
2. There is no restriction for any of your routine activities. There would be some swelling, redness and discomfort/ burning sensation at the site of treatment for a few hours.
It would be better if you get it done at weekend so that you don't have to take a break from work.
3. Dermaroller should be done only by a dermatologist.
The skin needs to be anesthetized prior to procedure. Without anesthesia it is going to be very painful.
A dermatologist is experienced in controlling the depth of penetration and ensuring adequacy of session.
4. Yes, dermaroller also has role in stimulating hair re-growth as well as arresting progression of hair loss
5. There would be partial improvement with the procedure.
Percentage of improvement varies between patients, however, one can expect 30-50% improvement after 4-6 sessions at 6-8 weeks intervals.
1. What should be the duration gap rage between dermaroller sessions.
2. Do we need to give anesthesia even for scalpe, if we want to treat scalpe.
3. How soon we can expect results(regrowth of new hair) with its application on scalpe.
4. Is this treatment for scalpe effective over application of tropical minoxildil solution(am using Hair4U 5% since 3-4 months).
5. Can we apply minoxildil while undergoing dermaroller session on scalpe.
Specific queries related to dermaroller and hair loss
1. A gap of 6-8 weeks is usual for dermaroller on face. For scalp, it can be done in weekly sessions.
2. Yes, anesthesia is also given for scalp.
3. Three months Or 12 weeks for noticeable results.
4. Minoxidil is also continued along with dermaroller ( however, minoxidil should not be applied on the day of procedure and a gap of 24 hours after procedure is sufficient). Together they both complement each other.
5. Yes, you can apply minoxidil after a gap of 24 hours after the procedure.