Suggest treatment for acne scar

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 12 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: 33f suffering from pimples,acne marks and white heads. My skin is oily.i have tried deriva cMS gel, Nadoxine gel and acne star gel in the past 2 to 3 months.all were effective in the initial phase (first week) after that no improvement.i am using Cetaphil cleanser for oil skin.my face is full of scars now.i stopped all medication now. I don't want to go for any chemical treatment.please suggest a..how to reduce pimples, b..my one side of face is having small tiny bubbles all-over looks like white heads,how to reduce white heads.c..how to reduce acne scars and marks. I need a clear face.thanks. attaching pics for verification
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for acne, oily skin and dark spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the images.
You have closed comedones(whiteheads), papules and dark spots from previous acne. The topical treatment that you have been using requires a little modification. Discontinue Nadoxin gel. You may continue with Deriva CMS gel once daily application in evening on all affected area i.e all of cheeks and forehead. Wash it off after 2 hours and then apply Radant lite cream only over dark spots and Clindoxyl gel only over pimples/ red papules. Similarly during day you may use clindoxyl gel and radant lite cream for pimples and dark spots, respectively.
You need to add an oral medication e.g either Doxycycline Or preferably oral Isotretnoin. Isotretinoin would also reduce excessive oil on face. All of these are prescription medications and moreover ORAL ISOTRETINOIN IS STRICTLY NOT TO BE USED DURING PREGNANCY or for those married females who could get pregnant while on oral isotretinoin.