Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

What is the cheesy substance producing inside mouth?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14958 Questions
cheesy substance being produced round a tooth and stickin to gum
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that the cheesy substance that you are seeing in the mouth is oral candidiasis. This is an infection of the mouth that is characterised by cream colored deposits that can be seen on the gum or tongue or cheeks or palate. It occurs in babies, persons with diabetes, as a side effect of antibiotic medication,as a result of dentures, smoking.It is possible that the trauma to your gums increased the risk of this infection.
It is treated with topical antifungal medications that are prescribed by a doctor.In severe cases or if your immune system is not strong, antifungal tablets may be used.

Other possible causes are superficial bacterial infections of the mouth with pus discharge, ulcers in the mouth,viral infection of the mouth.

If possible, it may be best to visit your doctor for an assessment and medication.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor