Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

179 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What is the cause for burning sensation during urination and pain in testicles?

Answered by
Dr. Lohit K

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2007

Answered : 1649 Questions

Posted on Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Now i would like to discuss an event that i regret doing. I went to a massage parlour and had unprotected handjob but strictly nothing else. But after the handjob i felt so bad, thinking that i might have risked worsening my current health status. I know stress plays a big part in pains but ever since the handjob i have amplifying pain in my testicles and what feels like my right lymph node too. I am terrified that i have complicated my situation further by getting another STD (i know i shouldnt worry about HIV as that is virtually impossible to get through this manner) but im still worried because me and my parents have finally put me on the track to recovery and im worried sick that because i let my frustration get the better of me in the moment, there is a risk i might have ruined everything. The pain is very real at the moment and its only been 2 days since the massage, but i experienced the pain straight away. Could i have picked up something doctor? Please help me :( What STD tests should i consider doing?? and when can i do them to put my mind at ease?? and could i be so irritated from the oil.. because ever since 2 days ago right after the massage i have a burning sensation while i pee and it hasnt left yet.. can it be something more serious?? :( And also im quite scared of HPV because i heard that that is a skin contact virus..
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 3 hours later
Brief Answer: UTI, Epididymitis/Orchitis? GPE,urine routine,VDRL Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. Be relaxed I can really understand the kind of stress you are undergoing by the problem. Pain in testicles (amplifying after hand job), feeling lymph node and burning sensation during micturition suggest infection (urinary tract infection). This may be due to the oil (contaminated) used. I can think of urethritis to be the cause here. Severe urethritis can worsen the problem of orchitis. The increasing testicular pain need to get examined by your doctor to rule out torsion of testis, if present needs emergency management or due to epididymitis or epididymo orchitis. Sexually transmitted disease may spread even with skin to skin touch or if you get contacted with the infected materials. You must seek consultation from a doctor for examination and get yourself tested to confirm the absence of disease like herpes and syphilis which can be transmitted even by close skin to skin touch. So with all these you are required to get examined first by your doctor(general physical examination: GPE) and some of the investigations like VDRL test to rule out syphilis, USG of external genitalia, Urine routine and complete haemogram may be required for diagnosis. For now you can use NSAID like aceclofenac which will reduce pain and inflammation with good hygiene practice. Give testicular support and you are required antibiotic treatment for your management and it depends on the diagnosis. Hope this information is helpful for you. Please feel free to ask any further query and I will be happy to help you. Wish you faster recovery. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Orchitis

doctor1 MD

I am Rahul, 27yr, Suffered from tubercular epididymo orchitis 4yr back & treated with ATD. There is a palpable nodule on the urethra which was painful at the time of diagnosis. There is no problem with micturation. But when erection occurs i appreciate that sensation is reduced due to the pressure effect. Sometimes i feel like a pin prick when glans is touched, I ve consulted with urologist but Dr. told that no need to worry about that. But it causing impotent to some extent due to the pain, i want to remove it, what i ll do??

doctor1 MD

My son was diagnosed with orchitis or epididymitis. My problem is that he always gets this immediately following an ingrown toenail infection. Also, his left side lower abdomen hurts more than his left testicle. He was given antibiotic injections, one each day for three days, and 5 days of azithromycin. This is the fourth time he has had this and it get worse each time. He is 12 years old. The urologist said yesterday that this just happens sometimes. What does that even mean??? He is finished with the antibiotics and seems a little better, but not like he usually is after the antibiotics.

doctor1 MD

My left testicle has been giving me slight pain and discomfort for around a week now. Especially when I lay on my side to go to sleep, it floats substantially in front of my right testicle. When I m standing it is more elevated than my right, and...

doctor1 MD

my testicle is swelling 10 months ago and when i had FNA tb orchitis is the cause and i have taken 8 months tb theraphy the swelling is reduce but i have a stomach cramp, my intestine always disturb and there is a swell on my left abdomen is the stomach and the swelling have any connection with the tb orchtis

doctor1 MD

I'm experiencing pain in my testicles and large swelling. Do I need to visit the emergency right now or should I wait until the morning. It's painful for me to try to urinate and when I do, it's just a dribble. I recently underwent radiation for...

doctor1 MD

My one testicle has grown in size to almost twice the other one, just within the last few months. NO pain involved. (?)

doctor1 MD

Sir I am 22 years old male .I had Masturbation habit during my adolocense age (7yrs before) and completely stopped it.

After that I have very little sensation in my penis and shrinkage in it. Also I am experiencing severe physical weakness,night fall and along with mild right side testicular pain and swelling in it and hanging lower than the leftside.

I consulted a Urologist(8 months ago) he checked me and told Clinically normal and said it is epididymus-orchitis and gave some medicines and advised to elevate scrotal and i felt alright .
But after 1 or 2 months i again experinced some mild rt side testicle pain during playing and I again consulted a urologist he said im okay and there is no infection init and he gave no medicines and advised to elevate the scrotom.

But my problem is i am having Penis shrinkage and very little sensation in it and physical weakness and mild back and abdominal pain along with right side testicle pain and it is hanging lower than left side.

i am a student and i am very confused by my problems .
i feel very worried and depressed about my pblms.

I want to know the reasons and correct treatment medicines for my problems.