What is the cause and treatment for palmer wart?

Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a small black growth in my palm. I am not sure if its a blood clot or a wound. Please let me know if i should be worried. It does not have pain or any other symptoms. I have attached picture.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Electrocautery

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing to us on HCM.

I have reviewed your picture and its very obvious you have got Palmer wart .
Warts or verruca are viral skin infection caused by Human papilloma virus.
They are usually contracted through direct contact with affected person or articles.

I would suggest you to see a good dermatologist at the earliest for prompt treatment as its highly contagious. The best management option is removal of wart by electrocautery (Kind of a machine) as it removes the infected tissue completely and quickly with less chances of spread and recurrence.

Warts are highly notorious for recurrence but in any case of recurrence getting it removed with cautery as soon as they appear is highly recommended.

Hope the information was useful. Let me know if you require any more assistance from my side.
Wish you best of health.
Thanks
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Pitroda 3 days later
Hi doc,
Thanks for the answer is there any probability that it could turn malignant? I have scheduled an appt this weekend. Please let me know if its early enough.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
------

Detailed Answer:
No dont worry at all. Warts are benign growth of skin and there is no risk of cancer.
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju