question-icon

What causes a bump on the foot?

Posted on Tue, 29 Aug 2017
Question: Hello, i am wondering what type of bump this is on the top of my foot. I would like to confirm that its a wart before i freeze it off. Its painless & does not grow in size.
Answered by Dr. Dr. Kakkar (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Verruca Vulgaris

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the Image.

I can see single, skin colored, raised bump with rough surface.
Yes, it seems like a common wart to me i.e Verruca Vulgaris which is an infection caused by Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) type 2 and 4, commonly. Freezing and electrosurgical fulguration are good options for treatment of common warts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist