Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What is the cause and treatment for erectile dysfunction?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3026 Questions
problem with erection.can i have children with my age
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mostly Psychological Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Erectile Dysfunction is usually due to one of the following two common reasons : 1. Psychological 2. Diabetes. Other causes like atherosclerosis are also there but not so common. I would like to know about your marital status and would also like to know that since when you developed this problem. Has it developed now , or you have this problem since beginning? Another important question is that do you have spontaneous morning erections that is do you find your penis erect when you get up in the morning? Have you ever got your blood sugar levels? Reply with these , so that we can further discuss the treatment part. Regarding getting children at this age , if you have normal sperm count , you can have a child. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for erectile dysfunction? 6 minutes later
my erection problem started 8yeas ago, my sugar level is ok, i use to have erection in the morning
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: It's Psychological Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. This means that you have Psychological Erectile Dysfunction. I usually prescribe following in such situations : 1. SSRI drugs like Paroxetine. 2. Sildenafil 25 mg 15-20 mins before play. 3. Psychologist Help for counselling. Discuss with your doctor about my opinion , i am sure he/she will agree to it. If you have any other query you may please ask me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor