Is coronary artery bypass surgery safe given the age factor?

my uncle is 68 years old,underantihypertensive medication from last 20 years with a habbit of cronic smoking.He underwent angiografy today.as per reports he is suffering from 3vessel disease out of which there our 2 large and 1 small atheromas.he has been suggested for coronary artery bypass surgery.I have a query that is it safe for him to undergo surgery at this age and would d postoperative results would b effective? waiting for your advice sir.
Wed, 17 Jul 2019