What causes carotid artery and atherosclerotic plaque formation?

hello: I have carotid artery and atherosclerotic plaque that indicates 60-79% on both sides. I am a viet-nam veteran and understand that if this has anything to do with ischemic it could be related to agent orange. this was done again on 12/03/2013 by duplex scan of extracranial arteries. I also had a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis after prostate cancer surgery it shows significant atherosclerotic vascular disease. what info.could you give me on ischemic? if I had a fax # icould send you this report. thanks Eddie Hollis YYYY@YYYY
Mon, 19 Aug 2019