What is the cause and treatment for epididymis?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Wed, 17 Dec 2014 in Men's Health
Question: Hello
I am suffering from epididymis since like 6 years
Last time was just 3 to4 months ago, i took antibiotics tavanic for 20 days and avalox for 15 days

Now i again have some pain and doctor said it is epididymis again and wrote for me avalox again for 10 days

I am very worried because i am taking too much antibiotics
and because pain never completely vanish

I need to know if there could be any other way to cure this and what can i do to minimize the effect of the antibiotics on my health
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check for Tuberculosis and Chlamydia

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM and thank you for the query.
I understand your concern.
Two causes of chronic epididymitis that have to be considered are Tuberculosis and Chlamydiasis.
Tuberculosis can respond temporarily to quinolones like Tavanic and Avalox but these courses are not sufficient to eradicate it.
It would be good to check for these to pathogens.

Dr Noble Zachariah, Kuwait