What is considered best for managing chronic abdominal pain?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Hello I am just wondering who is considered the highest rated Chronic Pain Specialist for Chronic Abdominal Pain due to Endometriosis and 4 surgeries. Everything is taken out but I still live with Chronic Pain Daily. I currently have a Pain Management Doctor but she is very limited on what she can do and I am tired of my life basically being put on hold because I cant stop the PAIN....I will be coordinating care and having her refer me as I am not trying to Dr. shop just want to not be in pain and not be bedridden without meds. Please Help Me, Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Pain management center is the best Detailed Answer: hello there! i read your query and i am sorry for your pain. I want you to know that the best available pain management specialists are with XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Blaustein Pain Treatment Center. i want you to contact them and find the best one for you there. you can also also ask your current GP to refer you to them. they have following doctors with them. Srinivasa XXXXXXX M.D., Professor; Chief of Pain Medicine Division and Director of Pain Research XXXXXXX Cohen, M.D., Professor; Director, Resident Education Program XXXXXXX J. Christo, M.D., MBA, Associate Professor XXXXXXX Erdek, M.D., Associate Professor; Pain Fellowship Program Director Ronen Shechter, M.D., Assistant Professor Kayode XXXXXXX M.D., MBA, FFARCSI, Assistant Professor There address is mentioned below Maryland 443-997-1508 U.S. 1-410-464-6713 (toll free) International +1-410-614-6424 Johns XXXXXXX Blaustein Pain Treatment Center Johns XXXXXXX Outpatient Center 601 North XXXXXXX Street, Suite 3062 Baltimore, MD 21287 Phone: 410-955-7246 Fax: 410-502-2390 Appointment Information: 410-955- PAIN (7246) XXXXXXX Schuessler Clinical Operations Manager 410-955-7246 Hope i was of some help. If you need me any more for your queries please feel free to ask i would be glad to answer. Other wise kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. I wish you very good luck and take some very good care of yourself. regards Dr S Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 8 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Thank You but I was respectfully asking and hoping that you could tell me of the best Pain Management from Stanford as I can drive a couple of hours but do not have the money or resources to get to Baltimore MD. I do not necessarily think that my case is Gynecological anymore since Everything has been removed. Do you know of someone at Stanford that would be willing to take on my case. I am aware that it is a complex case but I have been looking online to try and find a Pain Management so that my Dr. can refer me and I am having a hard time finding anyone in Roseville or Sacramento, Ca. area? Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: List of doctors mentioned Stanfords PM recommended Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for asking again miss XXXXX! If you are in Stanford, I would recommend Stanford University Pain Management Center. It is located in 450 Broadway St. Pavilion A 1st Floor MC 5340 Redwood City, CA 94063 Voice: (650) 723-6238 Fax: (650) 320-9443 They have following doctors in their team who are good at pain management XXXXXXX Leong, M.D., Clinical Associate Professor, Clinic Chief XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Ph.D., Clinical Associate Professor, Assistant Chief, Division of Pain Medicine Einar Ottestad, M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor, Director, Acute Pain Service Wendye Robbins, M.D., Clinical Associate Professor Ian XXXXXXX M.D., M.S., Assistant Professor XXXXXXX Wedemeyer, M.D., Clinical Instructor You can also try following Hendrickson and Hunt Pain Management Physicians Roseville, CA 95661 (916) 788-4484 Here are some other pain management specialists in XXXXXXX Villa or near by vicinity Neurodiagnostic & Spine Center XXXXXXX M XXXXXXX 576 N Sunrise Ave STE 240 Roseville, CA 95661 (916) 772-5325 Hendrickson & Hunt Pain Management Physicians XXXXXXX A Hendrickson 4990 Rocklin Rd STE 100 Rocklin, CA 95677 (916) 788-4484 Hendrickson & Hunt Pain Management Physicians XXXXXXX K Hunt 4990 Rocklin Rd STE 100 Rocklin, CA 95677 (916) 788-4484 Hope, I was of some help. If you have no more queries then please close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. I wish you very good luck and take some very good care of yourself. Regards, Dr S Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T