• question-icon

What is a heterogeneous uterus?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: What is the meaning of hetrogenous myometrium. My doctor says I have adenomyosis and had mirena inserted for 5 years because I had heavy bleeding eopsodes. I ham 42 years with 2 boys aged 19 and 15- Both C-sections. Ever since my last delivery had been facing bleeding issues. with Mirena I was so happy. After 5 years got the first onbe removed. Replaced the Mirena with new one on 19th April 2017. The period following it was scanty. This month I have been bleeding heavily since last Monday. Flooding with big clots. Mirena got displaced and hence removed it on 10th XXXXXXX Still beeding has not stopped. Is it a reason to worry
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Adenomyosis means thickening of the wall of the uterus.
That leads to heavy menstrual bleeding and pain.
Please get the mirena re inserted since it did work once in your case to control bleeding.
Otherwise the only other option is to go for removal of the uterus.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN