What is Nissen's fundoplication?
Thanks for the query.
Nissen’s fundoplication is a procedure to strengthen the lower end of esophagus, i.e. Lower esophageal sphincter. If your child is having recurrent regurgitation of the feeds then surgery would be the best option left. There are very few side effects as a result of this operation but are insignificant compared to the advantages
Constant aspiration can cause pneumonia for the child and this has to be prevented and surgery would be a better option as the child cannot remain on the infant feeding tube for long.
Secondly, the baby feeds are to be prepared according to the formulations mentioned otherwise the child might not be able to digest the feeds given, which can lead to abdominal problems.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Exercise nissen fundoplication
- Food poisoning and nissen fundoplication
- Laparoscopic nissen fundoplication vomit
- Nissen fundoplication gastroenteritis
- Diet after nissen fundoplication
- Nissen fundoplication vomiting
- Laparoscopic nissen fundoplication pregnancy
- Nissen gastric fundoplication
- Eating after nissen fundoplication
- What are the symptoms of a failed nissen fundoplication
- Small multi-nodular goiters,elevated T3 in thyroid profile,TSH and T4...
- Blocked ears, dizziness, BP 120/66, tooth removal done recently, fever
- Fell and injured jaw, stiff neck, swollen lymph node, fever, neck pain
- What should I do if I have heartburn, tenderness at the base of my throat?
- How to treat watery eyes ?
- How to treat allergic rashes due to medications ?
- Hard,tender lump on side of face,lump rolls,eyelid swollen after tick...
- Throat tightens,unable to sleep,generic of nexium,generic for...
- What is the reason for tightness in throat and fatigue?
- Chinese herbal creams, eczema ointment, base cream from company,...