question-icon

What is Dexamethasone?

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017
Question: What is dexamethsone
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
See next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM. Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid which is a medications used for various issues and most common as anti-inflammatory agent such as cases of arthritis, sciatica, skin allergies and other allergic reactions,sinusitis and autoimmune disorders. if you tell,for what is it prescribed then I could say more about it. Wish you good health. Regardd
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (9 minutes later)
Hi I've developed a rash on my inner legs my back shoulders um it's it's an allergic reaction I would assume I've been taking Benadryl and Tylenol for pain it seems to work but it it still itches really bad that's why I was asking what Dexamethsone is. This is going on been going on for 9 days
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Yes, it is used for allergic reactions and this is more efficient medicine than benadryl. If this rash is caused by allergy then it should work within 3 days and some results should be seen. If there is no improvement, then it may be nonallergic type of rash and you should see dermatologist and do skin biopsy.
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (3 hours later)
Thank you
This has been very helpful
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (18 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You re welcome. feel free to ask if you have other questions.
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon