What is Dexamethasone?
Hi and welcome to HCM. Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid which is a medications used for various issues and most common as anti-inflammatory agent such as cases of arthritis, sciatica, skin allergies and other allergic reactions,sinusitis and autoimmune disorders. if you tell,for what is it prescribed then I could say more about it. Wish you good health. Regardd
Yes, it is used for allergic reactions and this is more efficient medicine than benadryl. If this rash is caused by allergy then it should work within 3 days and some results should be seen. If there is no improvement, then it may be nonallergic type of rash and you should see dermatologist and do skin biopsy.
This has been very helpful
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have sleeplessness and tension what is dexamethasone used for
- What are the side effects of neomycin/polymyxin b and dexamethasone ophthalmic?
- Dexamethasone for concussion
- What is tobramycin and dexamethasone
- What causes vision loss after taking tobramycin and dexamethasone
- Dexamethasone injection
- Dexamethasone vs dexamethasone sp
- In what case dexamethasone sodium phosphate is injected
- Dexamethasone for costochondritis
- What is dexamethasone suppression test
- Does intake of Ibuprofen help in treating hematomas?
- Suggest remedies for bi-lateral swelling in feet and ankles
- What causes constant stomach pain with blood in stool?
- What are symptoms of chikungunya?
- What does skin like discharge from the anus indicate?
- Suggest treatment for enterobacter UTI
- Suggest treatment for pain in the arm after injury
- What causes prolonged healing of the toenail in a diabetic patient?
- What does this blood report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of UTI