What do brown colored stains on the boxers indicate?
Hello Ms. Ferdinand,
Both men and women can pass blood from their genitourinary tracts. If the stain is on the inside of his boxers at the front, it is possible that he is passing blood. This can happen anytime there is inflammation in the genitals (such as the prostate in a man) or urinary tract. It can include urinary tract infections, urinary tract/kidney stones, inflammatory conditions such as autoimmune disorders, and in some cases, men can pass blood after strenuous exercise. Tumors can also cause bleeding but are much less common.
If the stain is on the outside front of the boxers (and none on the inside front), and he wasn't wearing them inside out, then it may be from someone else. Because his own body would deposit blood where it has been in contact with the cloth. The one exception I can think of would be if the boxers were pulled down when using the toilet and blood dripped on them - then it could be on the outside.
If there is any chance that he could be passing blood, he should go in promptly to be evaluated. The staff at the clinic will be able to detect blood on a urinalysis with a dip stick test and then will send the urine to the lab for further analysis.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why does urine stain brown color
- Light color blood and brown stains after urination
- What do you suggest for restlessness of a female boxer
- What color are urine stains on underwear
- What causes brown stains in underwear
- Brown colored urine stains
- What do small dark brown spots on face indicate
- What does these afb stain test indicate
- What do reddish-brown spots on forehead indicate
- Green stains in boxers
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis