question-icon

What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 18 Jul 2016
Question: Dear Doctor I am 39 years with no issue. I don't want child. my usg report says uterus size is 8.9X6.4X4.3 cms. shows multiple hypoechoiec sols measuring 10to11mm in both upper and mid uterus.endometrial thickness measures 7mm. is it danger?
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair (29 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Uterine fibroids

Detailed Answer:
Hi
greetings
From the description it looks like small fibroids or adenomyosis.
Since the report is inadequate I can't confirm it.
usually hypo echoic lesions are because of above conditions.If so you need only to monitor them after 3 months or 6 months.They are usually harmless,but regular follow up is necessary. Do you have say menustrual irregularities.?
I suggest you to consult a gynaecologist and get it evaluated further.hope my answer helps you. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN