What does this thyroid test report indicate?
I have attached the Thyriod report of XXXX. Please have a look and advice us. I had a discussion with general doctor and she advised to contact specialist for more help.
This is the first time we saw abnormal things in the report. XXXX had one baby boy and he is just 2 years old. No thyroid effect during the pregnancy or after as well.
Now she feeling back pain, hair fall and Headache
Please try to attach the reports again:
Hello and thank you for asking!
It will be a pleasure to help you but please try to attach the hormonal results as there is no attachment.
I would also ask if she has fever and pain at the anterior part of the neck?
Looking further to help you further.
Under active thyroid suggested:
I have seen the reported thyroid hormones results.
The TSH is high suggestive for underactive thyroid.
It should be Hashimoto thyroiditis (a very common chronic autoimmune disease of the thyroid gland) but should be confirmed by checking the antibodies (AntiTPo, AntiTg). These antibodies attack the thryoid gland, destroying it and as a result the thyroid function remains under active. The treatment consist in taking the thryoid hormone by mouth.
She should not get worried because the hormonal level will be corrected within 1 month after starting treatment with levothyroxine. The treatment is longlife.
Why it is just appeared now? It is unknown.
It may be also postpartum thyroiditis but in these cases the hormonal alterations are seen within the first 6 months after giving birth and you mentioned that they have been normal.
So, Hashimoto thyroiditis is more probable.
Hope i have been helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid testing done what does report suggest
- Thyroid tests suggest thyronormalcy what does this indicate
- What are the findings in my thyroid report
- What is thyroid antibody test
- What does these abnormal thyroid test results indicate
- What is bioxy test thyroid
- What are the findings in my thyroid test report
- Tested for thyroid tsh is 127 what does this indicate
- What does this thyroid test report say
- What does indicate below thyroid test reports