What causes drop in sedimentation rate and CRP levels after taking of Methylprednisolone?
Possibly you still have PMR
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I hope that you are talking about polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR). It is very unusual for the sedimentation rate and CRP to drop drastically with a single dose of methylprednisolone. I am not certain of the reliability of the second report. Your doctor is right to expect that you still have PMR.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Inelevated sedimentation rate cause
- What does high sedimentation rate westergren mean
- What is erythrocyte sedimentation rate and treatment for it
- What happens if erythrocyte sedimentation rate is high 65
- What happens if erythrocyte sedimentation rate is high
- High sedimentation rate and crp
- Elevated sedimentation rate and crp
- Blood tests crp erythrocyte sedimentation rate
- What is a high sedimentation rate
- Causes elevated sedimentation rate