What does this thyroid report indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi Doc,
I am 12 weeks pregnant. My TSH is 6.5, TPO antibody are more than 1000 and T4 is 15.
I am taking 50 mcg thyronorm.
I am worried about the about the high TPO antibody, can this have an impact on my pregnancy or growth and development of the baby.

Warm regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I understand your anxiety about the issue.
TPO antibody has significance in the form of a fact that the hypothyroid status is going to persist even after delivery and thus you might need lifetime replacement therapy.
Right now all you need is to increase thyroxine dose to 75 ug as 6.5 TSH is also high in pregnancy.
Take it daily empty stomach and get repeat TSH after 6 weeks.
All the best.
Dr Manisha Jain
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 11 minutes later
Hi Doc,

Thanks for your reply, can this have any impact on the growth and development of my baby OR can it have an affect on my pregnancy.

Warm regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If normal levels are maintained nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
In case thyroid hormone levels stay in normal range and you keep taking medicine regularly then nothing to worry.
Also get thyroid hormone levels of the baby checked after delivery.