What does this blood test report indicate?

Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas

Posted on Thu, 13 Nov 2014 in Blood Cancer(Leukemia)
Question: I've always had on and off joint pain and slightly anemic. I recently have been feeling worse like I have the flu. Tired and painful joints. I had some off readings on my cbc. RA came back I think negative <20 and ana didnt show a pattern and said 1:80 so also negative I suppose? Here is my blood work.

Wbc 5
Rbc4.80
hgb 10.4
Hct 37.0
Mcv 79
Mch 24
Mchc 30.0
Plt 210
Lym 32.9
Mxd8.9
Lym 1.6
Mxd 0.4
Rdw 20.4
Abs neu 7.95
Abs eos 0.06
Abs baso 0.03
rdw-sd 55.5

Esr 8
Tsh 1.3123
T4 0.80
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sero-negative polyarthralgia

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

It seems that you have sero-negative polyarthralgia/polyarthritis.

Infections that may cause polyarticular symptoms include HIV infection; hepatitis B and C infections. You have also mild hypochromic microcytic anemia, which indicates chronic illness or inflammation. You may undergo anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPAs) and serum HBsAg and anti-HCV antibody test.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj