What does this MRI scan report indicate?

Posted on Sat, 20 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello Doctor,
Hope you remeber our discussion about |numbness in the left side of the head and a feeling of tingling at left side of face and back of head. Head ache is mainly at the back of head and feeling of tietness in head ...and this feeling of heaviness is almost everyday and every time from past 2 months and this started after talking levofloxin for painf in groin. I was talking a antidepressent and took for 1 month full but not complete releive. *MRI was done and reports says manz small white spots are found in brain and no other abnormalities.( BP is normal) Now I am really worried Please suggest me something doctor please. As per your advise I am aslo talking vitamin B complex.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Headaches related to neuralgia are difficult to treat.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back XXXXXXX

I remember well all our past conversations.

I don't see a reason why you are more worried than before, since ( as you say) headaches are relieved by a certain degree.

Neuralgia is a benign condition, but difficult to treat.

Now the question is did you have satisfactory relief by using Amytriptiline or not?

If yes, then you should use Amytriptiline at least for a month.

If not, you can start to use other drugs, in my opinion, in your case Gabapentin or Lyrica. (one of these)

Since those are prescription drugs, there's need for you to discuss with your primary care Doctor about their use.

I wouldn't worry about white spots found in MRI.

A periodic imaging follow up is sufficient, in my opinion.

Hope I helped you. All the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 8 hours later
Hello Doctor, I have used amytriptiline for almost a month now and i dont see satisfactory relief...its like pain subaides for sometime but doesnt go away compltely even for one full day. sometimes this numbness and tingling starts for 1 day and next 1 to 2 days i will have only heaviness. Ok I will discuss with my treating doc and start other medicine. I am worried becuase sometime in the morning its really difficult for me to start a day becuase when i open eyes head will be heavy and i dnt feel relaxed even aftrr sleep of 8 hours .
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Non relaxed may be related to Amytriptiline use.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again XXXXXXX

Feeling heavy or non relaxed after normal sleep may be related to Amytriptiline use.

This is a supporting factor about changing treatment.

Hope to hear good things from you soon.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical