What causes numbness in the right arm while sleeping regardless of position?
I have a history of both stroke and neuropathy. I am a 54 yr old woman.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
the symptoms of the queries are quite suggestive of possible radiculopathy.
in this condition the radical or nerve coming out of vertebral column is getting compressed due to which you feel the numbness of the arm.
I really feel you will need to meet a Neurologist to examine you and confirm the diagnosis subsequent to which an MRI of the spine may be needed.
meanwell make sure that you are not sleeping with a pillow that is too high because that will increase the compression of the nerve.
if actually found to be a radiculopathy you will need a prescription for medicines like gabapentin and Pregabalin along with physiotherapy.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible and in case you have any further questions regarding this complaint feel free to ask follow on query.
best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Face and arm numbness in right arm caused by smoking
- Causes of numbness in arms while sleeping
- Numbness in arms everynight while sleeping cause
- What causes numbness in fingers while sleeping
- What causes numbness in hands while sleeping
- What causes numbness in face and arms
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms
- What causes numbness in right hand
- Numbness in right arm caused by smoking
- Right arm numbness causes
- What are the possible reasons for tingling and numbness in my left arm?
- What does dark smelly stools when suffering from diabetes indicate?
- Can I take Ganaton, Motilium and Neksium for severe stomach pain?
- What can cause bumps around my foreskin and why am I having electric...
- Is low testosterone and high TSH related to anterior pituitary gland...
- What is the cure for dementia, high cholesterol and macular degeneration...
- Is pain pump a good solution for burning pain after colonoscopy while...
- Suggest treatment for hyperthyroidism
- Is it safe to consume whisky while taking insulin for diabetes?
- Are there any alternatives to benzodiazepine drugs to control anxiety?