What does this MRI report indicate?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
help!!! i feel I am going to fall over every 5 Seconds... it feels like my brain is falling asleep or cutting out.... I went to my doctor and I had an MRI done... it shows hyperpneumatized left sphenoid sinus extended to something wing with moderate mucosal thickening throughout and near opacification of inferior sphenoid sinus. it also shows small T2 hyperintensity within the left caudate with surrounding flair signal abnormality and remote infarct.....could me feeling like my brain is giving out really be from a sinus infection...ive never had issues with allergies or even getting sick....i have been coughing up phlegm for about 3 to 4 months with no fever or sinus pressure. i have several other symptoms i told my doctor about. randomly projectile vomiting, lower back pain, a weird noise in my head similiar to a drum brush on a snare or windpants brushing together and feeling like my brain is cutting out...the last 2 symptoms have only been the last 3 days. ive had some cognitive and personality changes and a god awdul head ache for the last 2 years

here is my mri report
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
MRI results not that bad.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns. I've reviewed the attached report.

It is sphenoidal sinusitis what was found in the MRI, so, not to be worried about it.

It seems to be inactive.

The infarction is reported to be tiny and remote, it may be a perivascular enlarged space too, and, in both cases, it is without any clinical importance.

In conclusion, I don't see anything to worry about regarding these MRI results. I'd suggest considering vertigo (benign positional paroxysmal vertigo) disorder as the possible conditions in your case.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: What does this MRI report indicate? 56 minutes later
ok thanks but what do you think could be causing me to feel like my brain is cutting out every few seconds

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

As I've mentioned in our previous discussion that vertigo (benign positional paroxysmal vertigo) disorder may be among conditions that may cause your issues.

Please discuss with your Doctor about these issues.

Greetings.