What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Question
help!!! i feel I am going to fall over every 5 Seconds... it feels like my brain is falling asleep or cutting out.... I went to my doctor and I had an MRI done... it shows hyperpneumatized left sphenoid sinus extended to something wing with moderate mucosal thickening throughout and near opacification of inferior sphenoid sinus. it also shows small T2 hyperintensity within the left caudate with surrounding flair signal abnormality and remote infarct.....could me feeling like my brain is giving out really be from a sinus infection...ive never had issues with allergies or even getting sick....i have been coughing up phlegm for about 3 to 4 months with no fever or sinus pressure. i have several other symptoms i told my doctor about. randomly projectile vomiting, lower back pain, a weird noise in my head similiar to a drum brush on a snare or windpants brushing together and feeling like my brain is cutting out...the last 2 symptoms have only been the last 3 days. ive had some cognitive and personality changes and a god awdul head ache for the last 2 years

here is my mri report
Thu, 10 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sinusitis seems to be the main problem

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that no ENT specialist is available at the moment. However, let me assure you that I have adequate experience and competence to answer your question and have therefore taken it up. The findings including the opacification of the inferior sphenoid sinus seem consistent with sinusitis. Sinusitis is an infection of sinuses, the air pockets contained in our skull. It is most often caused due to viral although occasionally there is a superadded bacterial infection present. Antibiotics or any other medicines cannot reach the sinuses properly and sinuses have a poor blood supply. Antibiotics may relieve the superadded bacterial infections, but the unresolved underlying infection may flare up subsequently. Taking steam inhalation can provide relief as it helps in opening up the openings of the sinuses that have been blocked by thickened mucus. Water in form of vapour will reach deep inside and will help in dilute the thickened mucus.

There is a thin tube on each side connecting between the inner throat and the middle ear (Eustachian tubes). The purpose of these tubes is to equalize the air pressure inside the middle ear cavity. When we catch a cold or develop sinusitis, the respiratory secretions or mucus gets thickened. Mucus block of these tubes leads to pressure imbalance leading to indirectly affecting the vestibulocochlear apparatus. Problems involving the vestibulocochlear apparatus would therefore lead to dizziness and the sensation that you would fall. Steam inhalation should help in the manner described above. Meclizine is an over the counter medication that can help. Vestibulocochlear stabilizing agents like cinnarizine or betahistine might be needed but since these are prescription medicines you might need to visit a doctor to get these prescribed. You also need to take plenty of water and fluids to drink. If that does not suffice, I would insist you to get an audiometry done.

Take rest and plenty of fluids to drink. You may take naproxen 500 mg tablet when required (preferably in full stomach), in case you have that severe headache. You need not worry about the possibility of a tiny infarct. I would insist you to get your blood pressure checked. Keeping it in control should suffice. Hopefully things would be fine soon. Feel free to write back.

Follow-up: What does my MRI scan report indicate? 38 hours later
what does a small stroke in the left caudate do, please inform me and why i should not be worried about that.....obviously i know i have snot in my head but the headache that feels like someone is digging their fingernail in my brain along with personality, cognitive and memory issues has me worried about the 'tiny' "infarct"

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hardly anything that can be done about it

Detailed Answer:
A stroke causes damage to parts of the brain. But it is only through the natural healing process of the body that healing occurs in such cases. Interventions do not help and management is supportive (like keeping the blood pressure in control). Worrying about it therefore does not help as it will follow its natural path anyway. That is the reason I insisted you not to worry. I understand that you are having these symptoms but there is hardly anything that can be done about it.