What does this LFT report indicate?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: MY WIFE 67 YRS HEIGHT 4'11" WEIGHT 41KGS LFT
LIVER FUNCTION PROFILE, SERUM
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 0.33
BILIRUBIN, DIRECT 0.11
TOTAL PROTEIN 6.8
ALBUMIN 2.5
GLOBULIN 4.3
ALBUMIN GLOBULIN RATIO 0.6
ASPARATATE AMINOTRANSFERASE 23
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFERASE 25
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 81
GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE 31
LACTATE DEHYDROGENASE 215

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer.....these reports are normal
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and seen these report.
I find these reports to be absolutely normal,however if you have some specific query,you are most welcome to ask it.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 19 hours later
PLEASE SUGGEST DIET.
SHE IS ALSO SUFFERING FROM CHRONIC COUGH WHICH IS DRY, VERY LITTLE PHELGUMN,
FEELS UPSET AND SHORT OF BREATH AFTER SUNSET,
TREMBLES WITH WEAKNESS
She requires a very good nutritious diet considering her less weight,however it won't be possible for me to design a diet for her as I don't know anything about her.
It would be better to consult a dietician and a nutritionist in this regard as they would be in better position to guide you and follow up properly and deign the diet according to her preferences and liking.
As far as chronic dry cough and her weakness is concerned,a detailed examination and proper investigations by a physician would do the best for you.
Investigations would be needed like cardiac and lungs check up,since her breathlessness can be of either cardiac or lungs in origin,along with detailed blood investigations.
Please consult an internal medicine specialist who can guide you properly in this regard.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj