What does this EKG report indicate?
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns.
You had a recent EKG which showed left axis deviation and diastolic dysfunction. THe left axis deviation is probably a over reading by the computer. It is common for computers to over read an EKG and call a left axis deviation from lead placement or from body habitus. It really only means something in the situation of a heart attack or from heart failure. Since you have neither then this is an over reading. The diastolic dysfunction is a new term and means the heart is not completely resting during the diastolic phase. It maybe stress induced or from hypertension. There are treatments but I would only recommend treatment if an echocardiogram showed significant dysfunction.
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Left axis deviation and diastolic dysfunction
In my practice I see this happen a lot. the left axis deviation and diastolic dysfunction maybe related to over exercise. When you over work your heart liek during training or other extremely physical sports your heart needs to increase muscle mass and the result are the above listed abnormalities. These are then nothing to be concerned about. I would recommend a more moderate exercise program.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does systolic dysfunction of ekg report suggest
- What does my ekg indicate
- What does unconfirmed report from ekg machine
- What does these ekg results indicate
- Ekgs and unconfirmed reports
- Ekg report and the results
- What is low reading for ekg
- What are the findings from ekg report
- Ekg report sample lab
- What does unconfirmed report mean on ekg
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?